Saturday, June 20, 2009

To papa the great


Here i'm ready with my father's day blog entry . I have tried to write it like my mother's day blog entry but difference is quite obvious . Here it goes .......

Dear daddy ,
here are some points which are in my mind as i am thinking of you .
# whenever you saw me watching english news , reading english newspaper , your favourite question for me since std 2 has been " jhunnu (my nickname ), samajh me ata hai ye sab ? " ( can you understand these stuffs ) . Yes papa ! I can understand english and can talk in the same . I know it was your wish when you watched news-in-english , that your son will be able to understand whatever being said . Small dreams can be so big .

# papa , you are my first style icon . When i was kid you made style statement through your style of keeping key-ring , placing sun-glasses in shirt's pocket , taking 15 minutes to comb your hair , keeping top 2 shirt's button open and many more . Yes! , I found style icon in you.

# i have sweet memories associated with your love for music . Just can't forget you singing loudly and me sitting happily on your shoulder . Sad , u don't sing anymore :(
# i know when you are angry. You are real angry if english words are coming from your mouth . Mild anger if you are speaking pure hindi . All is fine if you are speaking in mixture i.e magahi , bhojpuri , maithili , surjapuri ( local lingo of different regions of bihar )

# walking with you in the local market is time taking work . Gowd ! You know so many people . 15 mintes walk easily takes more then 1 hour , you have to interact with many .
# I wonder , you never agree with my length of hair . I am always prepared to get words from you , " jhunnu!! , go and get hair cut ". Similar words come when i don't eat , wake-up , sleep etc on 'time ' . I miss these things when i am away from home .

# your phone call to me lasts less then 2 minutes ( 40 sec to 80 sec ). I love those calls even if i know what will be content of the conversation . Being predictive was never so nice .

# dad , you have always been superman for me . I believed you can do anything for me . I remember as kid i used to ask you ," why we don't have a car? ". I remember your answer , "because we don't need one" . We had one bicycle . Sitting on the bi-cycle with you 'driving' will always be dream ride for me .

# i don't remember when last time you got angry with me. I want to hear angry words from you meant for me . Never knew 'Being scolded ' will be part of my sweet memories.

# papa , you still think you should carry "bhari " ( heavy ) luggage , and i should carry "halka " ( light) while you and i travel together . Dad , now i can't see you doing this . But i know i won't be able to persuade you on this topic. I am so lucky to have you as my papa-the-great .

Papa , i love you equally everyday , just want to say again , i love you , on this day we call father's day.

son,
neeraj

13 comments:

Mahesh Sindbandge said...

Neeraj,

Such a sweet post for your father..

I am wondering to write few and i ll fall short of facts like you mentioned..

Your father must be lucky to ahve you as son.

Cheers

neeraj_only said...

@ mahesh : loved writing this :)

had tears in my eyes while writing this post ....thus took 4 attempts to complete this

p.s : thku 4 nice comment and following my blog .

Anonymous said...

# walking with you in the local market is time taking work . Gowd ! You know so many people . 15 mintes walk easily takes more then 1 hour , you have to interact with many .


ditto !!


and same with the call duration and content ! my dad is all so worried about my finances all time !!


this was really sweet !!
wonder what to write for my dad now :)

neeraj_only said...

@ pretty : all dads have somethings in common :)

i would wait to read you

Aditi..............:) said...

Wow, that was really sweet.....my regards to your father! :)

neeraj_only said...

@aditi : i was waiting 4 ur comment :p

sure , will extend your regards .

Miss Sunshine said...

cute one neeraj.

neeraj_only said...

waw! appu here

welcome here :)
and thanks 4 liking this

p.s : i m not bad person , ya act stupid at times

divsi said...

hey neeraj,

thats a beautiful post:) the sweetest gift one cud giv..!

neeraj_only said...

@divsi : thks 4 being here and liking this blog entry :)

DPhatsez said...

Sweet! \m/

Mufasa Simba Pic Rocks! :)

neeraj_only said...

@dp : thku
ya so sweet this pic is :)

Unknown said...

THIS IS WHAT I FELT GOING THROUGH YOUR PROFILE-http://ak.webfetti.com/assets/glitter/0/35.gif
THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS TO ME WHEN I SEE YOUR PIECE OF SHIT CALLED BLOG. http://www.horsepowerandheels.com/blog/uploaded_images/feel_sick-700625.jpg
IF YOU VALUE YOUR LIFE STOP BLOGGING AND BECOME A SLUT LIKE ME. (POSTED ON BEHALF OF PRETTY SLUT OWNER OF http://weandwords.blogspot.com)