Tuesday, August 4, 2009

To sweet-sis

Worst enemies can be so close to each other; yes! me and my sister are seasoned arch rivals for each other. Even me staying away from home for 11years has hardly reduced the intensity of sweet-animosity between two of us. There is no sign of truce or waning of rivalry.Today( 5th aug) is rakhi-day and time to celebrate this with dear-sister. I am at home this time after 6years( after 2003 ). Here goes the post about my dearie-sis....


Hey sis,
hi!, time to celebrate the rakhi-day. I remember you tieing rakhi on my wrist since the days you didn't know how to tie any thread. Then you kept mom away from helping you while tieing rakhi. As i think about you , few things that come in mind about you are.....

# you are central database of the family.which thing is located/stored where is known to you only.

# your services are available for every member of the family 24/7. You are mom's right hand. With your help only she is such an autocratic authority.

# you are good cook which is not apparent when i criticize you no matter what you cook.

# when i have to leave home you start packing my bag one day in advance. This generates both good and bad emotions. I just hate packing before leaving home.

# As a kid i used to wonder why you hate game of cricket and can't play the same with me? It was sweet-retaliation throwing/hiding your dolls so that you have time to play with me. I remember your 'counter-attacks' were 'deadly'.

# your spirit of sharing , bows ^o^. Even single hajmolas ,alpenliebes, aam-pachaks, mango-bites were shared by you with me.your style of breaking/cracking them before sharing can-not be expressed in words :P

# i just love your style of tearing corner of the "samosa" from my plate. That style has not changed over the years.

# I treasure our pillow-fight. Yeah! I did end up at the receiving end most of the time. You are so good at that.

# you are my best critic. When others will think twice to say what is wrong with me.....i know you will point my mistakes. Great to have a critic in you always keeping an eye on me.

# you are so good at saving money , even better than mom. How to use money efficiently is in-born attribute of yours.

# you look upto me as if i have solution to all problems. I try to live upto your expectations......i shall always keep on trying.

List is unending, time to close. There is a saying, " keep your friends close , your enemies closer". Sis you are my 'sweetest-enemy', no wonder you are 'closest' to me. I'll always be there for you. Keep on smiling sisterji :-)

from Bhaiya
'jhunnu'

p.s : special mention here to sweetest-jasoos aka cutie-sis-gudiya .you are so niceee, lucky to have known you. I wont forget to mention aditi, sister from blog world....you are special. Happy-rakhi-day to both of you :-)

p.p.s : waiting for chamki to read this. Pressing 'publish-button' had become painful as i knew chamki is not there to read. Chamkiii.......aao jaldi

23 comments:

Rush said...

awww...so cute!!!

Naina said...

Chamki main hi hoon na???

for a moment i was all shocked reading 'chamki' in the end.. i got all emotional reading the post.. :( I never had a brother.. and I so wanted to do all that and more...if i had a younger/elder brother.. my rakhi day :( is empty..i guess..

but oye..!!
may god bless you and your sister with all the happiness in the world and yes may both of you protect each other, from all evils (visible or invisible)

God bless..
*sighs*

neeraj_only said...

@rush : thankiee :)

neeraj_only said...

@ chamki : Shocked kahe ko?....chamki ko bhoolegi to maar khaogi.oye! ,missed you so much.ab bhi thoda thoda gussa hu tere se :(

In life we miss many things.senti na ho yaar,there are so many reasons to smile..... Smile karti raho.


Thku 4 the wishes.chamki's wishes mean alot to me.

Anonymous said...

Lovely and touching.!

Well written

neeraj_only said...

@ vyushu : thks alot 4readng nd comment.

bondgal_rulz said...

awwww...tht was soo cute !! :)

paramveer said...

"p.p.s : waiting for chamki to read this. Pressing 'publish-button' had become painful as i knew chamki is not there to read. Chamkiii.......aao jaldi"

same thiong wt i thought fopr my sister when i was making same kind of post.


and GODFATHER IS MY FAV FILM ..SO ARE UR FOLLOWING LINES

There is a saying, " keep your friends close , your enemies closer". Sis you are my 'sweetest-enemy', no wonder you are 'closest' to me


GREAT POST...MELTING MY HEART AAL THE WAY!!!!!

following you now..hope to get sm feedback soon

PARAMVEER
http://mypoeticaccent.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Awww! It made me miss my brother and we toh stay in the same house!!! :P

Very heartfelt :)

neeraj_only said...

@ isha : so nice to have you here after long time....

neeraj_only said...

@ paramveer : thankq. so nice comment, i'm glad this post touched you.

Sure , will read you soon :)

neeraj_only said...

@ ki : gr8 to have you on my blog. I did read some of your posts in past.

Oye ki , enjoy the company of bro , why missing?....no time to loose.....

Swetha Padakandla said...

so cute and lovely!!
i miss my sis after reading this post! :(

bt indeed nice lines you wrote abt ur sis! wishes to u and ur sis

cheers

Rush said...

i made a rakhi post too :)
thnks for all the inspiration..its contagious!!

neeraj_only said...

@ swetha : thankiee for the wishes!!

neeraj_only said...

@ rush : waw! 2nd comment on this blog entry....

My pleasure , going to read your rakhi day post.

Mahesh Sindbandge said...

Beautiful and touching..

I see that you are quite good at this kind of stuff like you did for father's day.

Cheers

neeraj_only said...

@ mahesh : the pattern has been repeated , mother's day ,father's day and now this :)

i m glad u remember fathers day post. Thankiee :)

ARUNA said...

that's so sweet n touching!!!

neeraj_only said...

Thanku thanku aruna , i always wait for your comments......

Sahefa said...

awwww...my brothers should read this post to learn something something from:P

wish brother can also become like u:)

neeraj_only said...

@shahefa : i'm not so nice towards my sis. Brothers are like this only ,they end up hiding many things. I'm sure ur bros are nice may b they they hide all.....chk that out :-q

neeraj_only said...

@ ali :thks :-)