Monday, April 20, 2009

dance of democracy...election 2009

image : 16th apr 2009 , some village in bihar : i wish day comes when all of us can participate in voting without any help.


So general elections are on in largest democracy in this world , INDIA.I was trying to write something on this , but laziness prevailed.But good thing, me finally writing something on this . Arranging election of this much magnitude is huge thing and an achievement also (yes , fail to control some corruption in this process ).

Like all general elections this one too has already given us some shocks.Many persons have died in election related violence ( sad!! ). people dying for sake of democracy, me felt really bad on listening to news of recent poll-day-violence. My father in on election duty (bihar police )....i keep my fingers crossed on election days. It's only on evening-of-polling day i get info to ease the tension when i call dad to ask for his well being.


Dance of democracy we are seeing again, mud slinging everywhere . Some political enemies , becoming "friends" , some "friends" breaking-up . I am sure they don't have any work ethics. Public is being fooled in whole of this saga. So confusing situation, isn't it? , two political parties , friends in one state can be opponent in other state. Really , ours is country of "wonders".

This time i am missing voice of loud-speakers (college-hostel-stay-and-exam-time). But election-time-effect visible , "student-buses" to ranchi from our college are cancelled , buses have been taken away for election duty.

hey!!! but no effect on cricket lovers , BCCI have shown us , we can ignore , festival-of-democracy to watch business-called-cricket. I am sure many of us must be discussing which-team-will-win-IPL rather then mood-of-voters. I did read many debates on this topic ,they concluded , image of india has been tarnished by hosting IPL in SA . I agree with this thought , what world must be thinking of us?, is cricket so important? ...err...money is important!!. After all they are playing for money. Democracy is facing challenge from crazy people having money.

This blog entry will remain incomplete without talk of people ignoring democracy.
Well and good for these people , but we love freedom which comes by-virtue-of-being-democracy. we still have wise junta who can select the government. Many of us are illiterate, lacking basic life living facilities. some of us , who have the facilities can ignore democracy saying , system is BAD. But thankfully most of us can-not, we don't have option to say so. Majority of us are informed about this situation.

Before closing one quote from one of the panel discussion i did watch sometime in 2005. One administrator said, "OK!! , our system has some faults , but at the same time we have system which can be repaired. If our car gets some fault , then obviously, it is not good idea to revert back to bullock-cart days. We should do something to repair the car"..

long live democracy....plz every one of us save our democracy ( from corruption )

7 comments:

Ashrita said...

The car needs to be repaired and how! As far as the IPL and Indian Elections are concerned, I think it comes down to us and only us. We have the TV remote in our hands, we have the choice to choose the one who might be the best for us. Honestly they're all good for nothing. Lekin kya karen, "Andhon main kaana raja" aisi baat ho gayi hai!

For what it is worth, I will be celebrating my birthday this year in a very matured fashion. For one thing, I will be voting for the first time in my life. And I can feel the responsibility!

An earnest request to all the people who choose to stay away from this bizarre world of politics, please vote! If we cannot make a difference by ourselves, atleast we can try!

I was watching the interview of Ms. Meera Sanyal on CNN-IBM the other day and I can see someone finally, who knows what she is talking about. I had even read about her on the usually gibberish filled blog of Shobhaa De. But this lady is all set to make a difference! I just hope and pray that she does not spill dirt all over her saree in the process of getting her hands dirty in the gutter of politics!

About the post, it is good to read from people our age who genuinely care about elections and the betterment of our country! Kudos to you Neeraj, you know how much I love your work! You still have a lot of potential inside you. Keep going :)

Cheers

neeraj_only said...

waaw!!...long comment ...thanku (from somewhere-in-inner-corner-of-dil ).

Evolving thought has brought me till here...i just hope i reach a place where i can do something for my country (good).

If i have someone like you reading my blog , motivation comes automatically to write better......thku again ashrita :)

cheers!!!

Ashrita said...

The pleasure is all mine! Keep em comin'!

kuldip..the illusionist said...

well...i dn't know what to say.
I have a passport but dn't have a voter identity card when i am well passed the age.Maybe because i never felt the urge to vote or maybe the complications involved in getting one.
I only have myself to blame and i wonder how many of us who call themselves the wise and intelluctual one studing in the forth year of BE do have a voter Id .
Well i plan to get one this time and if it's about choosing the "lesser of the two evils " ..i'll ensure that i make by contribution in letting the "lesser evil " win.

IPL no doubt is doing great business and doing more good in filling the treasures of BCCI and SA than to the game after knocking it's competitor ICL out of business
and banning everyone who participates in it from international cricket.Well it's all upto BCCI(the DADAS of international cricket) showing DADAGIRI.......

It really drives me nut when i see front page of daily newspapper captured by tags like" ONE NATION ONE JUNOON.." i think the JUNOON can be channelised in a much better way.

good points highlighted by you Neeraj carry one.
Finally...."do you have a voter ID card ?" if yes please guide me how to get one.

neeraj_only said...

awwww gogaaa!!....me don't have voter ID card. I have to be at my native place when the officials come to make Voter ID card.

finally me commenting on your comment , ab thik hai naa...hehe

about IPL......if our gods are supporting this (sachins and dravids ) ...who can only follow our gods...lolz

We can love/hate IPL...we can't ignore it.

Waiting for more comments from u GOGS!!..u listening?.....abhi room se awwaz lagat hoon!!!!!....i know u r sleeping when i am typing this...areeeeeeeeee....jaagaooo

The Great Brown Experiment said...

Loved the way you wrote this post! Without bringing in too many feelings, showing us the real side. My heart goes to you cuz your Dad's in Bihar police. I can imagine how you feel. Yes I love democracy. Someone save it from curroption! Great post! Like always an eye opener or a food for thought!

neeraj_only said...

@ msr : i m afraid this is one of the best complements i have on my blog....bahut accha laga.

My dad has dedicated 30 years to bihar police.....he is devoted employee of govt. of bihar. Same energy towards duty for so long.....i just get amazed :)