Saturday, April 25, 2009

sound from memory lanes......


image : thakurganj , bihar , i stayed there for 3 years (1995-1997) .look at encircled "mango tree" (planted by me ) and marked railway track (my long evening walk path )
click on pic to see enlarged version of same.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
55fiction:

Morning began with
rooster's strut . Now, me walking on railway track.Oops! , train whistling , asking for way. That crow on the railway signal did sit on "my" mango tree today, breaking two leaves. I did retaliate by pelting stones.

Will remember strange whispers of surroundings , nostalgia they say , i will call this, the sound from memory lanes.


P.S : i did imagine me walking on the railway track "then" .

this
blog entry has its seeds in

ashrita
's comment in my last blog entry when she said she is going to sow some seeds. Me thought about mango tree planted by me long ago. Never saw that as grown up-tree. But from google-earth looks quite big now.

Sound of sound : article by P R chari on TOI 23rd april. Author had home near railway track, he felt nostalgic about trains noise. Me also lived so close to railway line (check encircled house in picture ).

Me did many morning and evening walks on the railway track (yes...me used to walk on the track). Dad used to warn me many times and asked me to walk on sideways.But i did hardly give any care to suggestions :)

So beautiful small-small town thakurganj , thanks to dads transferable job , me lived in such beautiful place . So green and a lot of rain there. Just loved watching huge fields of paddy and banana fields visible from backyard from our house.

Thanks to google-earth!!, me got chance to visit memory-lanes without actually visiting there :)

P.S.S : Another 55fiction from me , me loving this . But this time i had problem cutting so may words , compressing took a lot of editing. So many 'redundant' words were deleted.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

you left me thinking Neeraj.. :D

Anonymous said...

hehhehhe that's why I said you'd left me thinking.. now I got the whole sense of it.. but walking on the tracks.. :O its risky!! but it must have been fun.. green and rainy I want to go there.. :D

neeraj_only said...

@kajal : lolz...it's only when we grow up we understand what is 'dangerous'.....then it was pure fun :P

even me want to go there...but saayad kabhi nahi ho paayega ye ...me happy with memories :)

Ashrita said...

The way it has been described it's so beautiful! I have a Mango tree too, where my native place is! I love going there!

And walking on the tracks... I used to do that a LOT when I was staying in Pune for sometime. And also keeping a coin on the track just before the train passed. I still have those coins!

Memories like these surely make you smile!

Your aim of sending the readers on a walk down their memory lanes is very successful Neeraj!

Thumbs up!

neeraj_only said...

awwww...me forgot add that , me also used to place coins on the rails , with the "hope" that the coin will turn into "magnet".....jo kabhi nahi hua tha :P

me want to eat mango from 'my' mango tree....which was my dream when i sowed the "guthali" of aaam i had eaten then.....i doubt kabhi aisa ho paayega


nicee comment from u.....i wish to get many more "seeds" in your comments for future blog entries of mine .

thx ashri!!

tinkerbell said...

oh!! nice... google earth found the mango tree u'd planted!!! that is so kool !!!

neeraj_only said...

haha!!...emosanlal attachment getting google support...

thkiee tinkerball..for "commentiee" :P

neeraj_only said...

areee!!..tinkerbell!!.....u isra.... welcome on my blog...so nicee to have u here :P

ARUNA said...

hey so beautifully described.....walking on the tracks, hmmmmmmmmmmm!

neeraj_only said...

haha...lolz :P ...ya then it was every days 2 time ....walking on track.....ab to darr lagega....(btw then only few trains on that track..4-5 times in one day)

PULKIT said...

thats was well written dear!
a gr8 effort and the pic was an intresting one too!

regards
PULKIT
(http://19goes20.blogspot.com)

neeraj_only said...

hey pulkit!! ....so nice to have u here ....

Me loving the blog world and this 55fiction idhar ka hi experiment hai.