Thursday, May 14, 2009

mango afternoon


My room still smells like mango ( Mangifera indica ). Even i ate that 2-3 hour before (we 3 friends on 2 mango ). This was seasons first mango for me . The mango was on the sweet/sour side. But still first experience of this years mango was special. Immediate thought came to write one blog on my favourite fruit .so here it goes...

The background is simple , i am big fan of mango. So many stories from my childhood days are related with me addicted to mango. At the age of 7 , i was caught eating mango at 2:30 am , that too chori-chori. Every year this story is narrated by daddy as if this happened only yesterday. This is one of the stories which makes daddy laugh loudly even now. I just enjoy watching him laugh , and act as if i was caught eating mango now. I won't explain actually what had happened , so funny incident that was.

i can't forget eating kaccha-mango from different mango trees in our locality we lived. Mostly this was done chori-chori . I was supporting actor in this crime. who was main actor ? answer is dear bhaiya!! . He had to face all the wrath in case we were caught stealing mango from mango tree. Most of the time i got away as i was considered "seeda-saada-baccha".

I eat all mangos with equal enthusiasm , specially the one's which are neglected by general masses. Some varieties , Maldah ,Dashahari , Up-langda , biju , sippiya , chausa , totapuri , to name a few , i like so much . Even the names of mangoes is so interesting . Mostly based on their source where they are found. I am yet to try the best export varieties from India to the world . This export is keeping us deprived of the best we produce , but we get much required foreign currency in return. money matters...

With so many specialities attached with mango , this is rightly said king of fruits . Everyone who has tried mango must have stories associated with the same. I am quite regular with health drinks based on mangos, ( they are easy to get ). But the experience of eating actual mango can not be matched by them . May my love for mango remains at this level in future ( has decreassed over the years ).

P.S : this blog entry is dedicated to dear daddy . He was responsible for introducing me to the world of mangos. From him only i knew how to eat mango? . His order to clean mango before eating is still an order i follow. I ask what is the name of the variety of mango from the salesman , this habit came from dad.

20 comments:

Aditi..............:) said...

hey i love hapus (alphonso) the mosttt!!!
Well your story should have been in detail ;)
I always wonder when i eat the first mango of the season.....that how do i manage to live without it the whole year through!! :P

neeraj_only said...

@ aditi : everyone wonders that.....how we manage without mango whole year :P

slight description of the story is

************************************
the family ate some ripe mango that day in dinner, i did demand more after eating 2 mangoes. parents said , other mangoes are not ripe....wait on till next day till they become 'eatable '. i had to accept the decision. " chori " was only option available :P

So plan was made in my mind , decided to eat the mango when everyone was sleeping. woke up at 2:00 am in the mornig ( don't know how did i managed to wake up ). Went inside kitchen to eat the mango.....started eating...fun at best :)

Oops!! parents woke up , as if they knew my plan. The search operation started ....everyone got tensed..... where i am if not on my bed???. Everyone startd shouting my name. I was busy with my "mango".

Finally, they did trace me sitting on kitchen floor eating mango , ignoring the "search" operation.

Whole family did burst into laughter at 2:30 am in the morning. I was feeling happy as my plan of eating mango was success...but was acting like a culprit :P

*************************************

Anonymous said...

this was so like my story.. the only difference is i never had a chance to do chori from trees.. but i could never go with a-few-mangoes-a-day rule..

It was always 'give me all the mangoes now'

mango is my most favorite fruit!! and daddy and I have had so much fun eating mangoes.. thanks for the post neeraj.. you have left me nostalgic.. :)

neeraj_only said...

@ kajal : no 'chori' from mango tree!!? At least you must have tried throwing stone targeted towards the target on mango tree :P

kajuu got nostalgic!!! .....me glad :)
yay!!

neeraj_only said...

oyee!! kaju what was your story ......let me know :P

Aditi..............:) said...

Wow......the little devil!! hehehe...:)

neeraj_only said...

yo yo...the little devil..i was :P

aytas said...

so our mango thief..ab to aam chupana hoga ..acha hua pata chal gaya..
neway i m d third guy who was eating mango vd d writer 4rm vch u got d motivation 4 dis entry...
thnx 4 invitation

Mahesh Sindbandge said...

Hi Neeraj....

had i jumped to your blog before..? dont remember...but i feel i did once..

Mangoes...? man just now i had a mango drink while leaving office...:)

Yeah there is one story related to me too..but with an exception of my mother making it big rather than my papa..:p

Mangoes ki yaad diladi....

You have a nice template...especially the colour you chose... :)

Visit sometime....:p

Cheers

neeraj_only said...

aytas...thku for your comment.....real special this comment is for me.

aam hai kya?... chupane ki baat kar rahe ho babes....hehe

it was my pleasure to invite u for mango afternoon....memorable it became.

neeraj_only said...

@mahesh : me not sure.... if you were here b4....so welcome :P

mango drink can't equate the mango...but good option if mango is not there.

this template is my creation........almost everything i changed from the actual template HTML code...me in love with my template...thkiee for liking it

geeta said...

mangoes mangoes all around....we had a mango festival last week and there were so many varieties that I could'nt even remember their names ...yes for sure you really lose something if your season ends up without the mangoes....drop in at my blog whenever you have time..

neeraj_only said...

@ geeta : waw!! mango festival u did attend ....must had been gr8 experience.

yes i'll visit ur blog :)

ARUNA said...

wow i'm so in love with those mangoes, i miss them.....all i can do here is enjoy the tinned pulp:(

neeraj_only said...

@aruna : even here , everyone is so busy ....buying real mango is time consuming work...laziness prevails..lolz

enjoy the pulp for now....experience real mango when you come to india....or we will start exporting the same to US :P

Miss Sunshine said...

oh man.. i just had mango shake.. lol :D
thnkuuuuu for the tasty post.. u make me feel bad for just gulping it without deep thoughts.. like yours.. :P

bondgal_rulz said...

Oieeeeeeeee......me like mangoes too!!!! *High five* :D

Seriously man, every time I think I won't eat as many as I do and every year, I end up eating more than my fair share. :D

Cheers

Ashrita said...

I'm going to have Mango Shake. NOW.

neeraj_only said...

@ appu : tu idhar ka rasta bhool jati hai , regualrly aaya karo . eat mango heavily this season.

@isha : me big big fan of mango .....big hi5's

@ashri : kaisi ho?....abhi to mango khao ....mango shake!!! pass some here too.

SSQuo said...

Raw mango with chilli powder and salt...ahhh! yum, and now my mouth is atering!